Over the course of the program, students will:
- Students would be exposed to advanced studies in Chemistry such as the
quantum model of an atom, measuring energy changes using the Hess’
Law, advanced theories on acid, bases and salt. These topics consist of
higher level theories and techniques compared to those that the students
learn during their middle year programme (MYP).
- On top of that, students would have the opportunity to explore additional
advanced topics on materials, biochemistry, energy and medicinal chemistry
- Students would also have the opportunity to understand how some of the
chemistry theories could be applied to real life situations such as the environmental
impact of burning fossil fuels, latest studies on new energy alternatives
and advancement in nanotechnology in materials.
Students will be provided a comprehensive package of the following:
- Structured and interactive study notes
- Group activities
- Middle and Final Tests
- Individual Teacher’s feedback
- Graduation Certificate
Your child will be able to:
- Develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the subject
- Apply and use advanced theories in various areas of chemistry not limited
to calculating enthalpy values using Hess’ law, Stoichiometric relationships,
acid, bases and salt and redox processes
- Understand and apply advanced chemistry theories to real life applications
such as salt preparation using titration method, environmental impact resulting
from combustion of fossil fuels, latest advancements in medicine,
biochemistry, materials and energies.
- Appreciate the understanding of how the chemistry theories can be used to
aid our future development and sustainability.